join one of our committees!
Asset Tilburg offers many committees. This page will give you more information about what it means to be in a committee, how our structure works, and more.
When you become active this means you join a committee. Being in a committee means you work together with fellow active members on organizing an activity, making a magazine or maybe something completely different.
As soon as you become active, you will get in contact with other students and get the opportunity to join special active-member-activities. Looking to expand your social circle in Tilburg? Then this might be just what you are looking for!
Working in a committee will teach you a lot about what it means to work in a team. Within a committee we work with different functions, like chairman, secretary, treasurer, and more. You will develop soft skills, as well as hard skills, and will develop yourself further.
about our structure
Interested in becoming active? Here is some important information for you!
Asset Tilburg is divided into seven departments (which can be found below). You can choose to join a committee that relates to just one of them, or you could join a faculty wide committee which relates to all of them.
- Faculty Wide Committee: These committees organize events that are open for all the departments to join, like the Asset Skitrip or the Business Club. This also includes the bar committee (Friends of Asset).
- Department Specific Committee: These committees are bound to a specific department and are mainly concerned with topics within a department. The events that you organize will be (most of the time) visited by members of that department.
Furthermore, you can choose to join a formal or informal committee.
- Formal: You will organize an event or work on projects that have a formal character. These types of committees may involve company contact.
- Informal: You will organize events or work on projects that are mainly focused on having fun. This also includes active member activities.
For the complete overview of the committees we offer, please visit the Faculty Wide Committees and/or Department Specific Committees pages. Do not forget to turn the filter to informal if necessary.
How to join
How to join a committee depends on whether you want to join a faculty wide or department specific committee.
- If you want to join a faculty wide committee, please send an email to [email protected].
- If you want to join a committee of one of the departments, visit the department website and find out how to apply. The departments can be found below!
You can always send us, or one of the departments, an email to ask all your questions or schedule a conversation with one of the board members to talk about becoming active!
Note that some committees start in September, and some start in January.
- BSc Econometrics & Operations Research
- MSc Quantitative Finance & Actuarial Sciences*
- MSc Business Analytics & Operations Research*
- MSc Econometrics & Mathematical Economics*
- BSc Bedrijfseconomie
- MSc Information Management*
- MSc Information Technology for Enterprise Management
- MSc International Master in Management of IT